E-scooter battery explodes, 1 killed, 3 injured in Andhra

For Printing Download Epaper from files section from bottom of this page

Vijayawada : A man was killed and three others were injured when the battery of an electric two-wheeler exploded in their home, on Saturday in Andhra Pradesh.

The incident occurred in early hours of Saturday in Vijayawada, when the man left the battery on charging in his bedroom. Shiva Kumar, his wife, and their two children were all burned during the incident. Neighbors heard their screams and rushed to their aid and took them the hospital, where Shiva Kumar died and his wife is in critical condition.

On April 19, an 80-year-old man was killed and two others were injured when the battery of an electric two-wheeler exploded in Telangana's Nizamabad district. The incident occurred while the battery was being charged in a house.B. Ramaswamy died in the accident, and his son B. Prakash and daughter Kamalamma were burned while attempting to save him. They were taken to the hospital.

Pure EV was charged with causing death by negligence under Indian Penal Code Section 304A, and police began an investigation. Pure EV issued a statement expressing its deep regret for the incident and stating that it is cooperating with local authorities and requesting additional information. A series of such incidents have raised concerns about the safety of batteries in the country.

In recent months, three Pure EV scooters and electric vehicles from other manufacturers caught fire in separate incidents. According to reports, man bought the electric scooter on Friday. The manufacturer's name and other information are awaited. This is the second incident in less than a week in the Telugu states.